Tuesday, October 23, 2007

How old are you?

Are you being pushed down?

They say 60s are the new 50s.
People are working till they’re well over 65. What happened to I am just going to start getting my pension and enjoy a happy retired life at 58.

They say 50s are the new 40s.
People are still venturing out on their own at 55. What happened to just getting ready to welcome my grandson and enjoy the last 30 years of work I’ve put in.

They say 40s are the new 30s.
People are having their first kid at 45. What happened to I’m just getting used to my teenage daughters mood swings and learning to cope.

They say 30s are the new 20s.
People are going back to school at 35. What happened to phew, I’m just done with studying and waiting to soar in a corporate career.

Or

Are you being pulled up?

They say 10s are the new 20s
Children are fooling around with the latest gadgets at 15. What happened to I just got home from school mom, I wanna go out and play.

They say new borns are the new 10s? (WTF)
Toddlers are walking around abusing their chuddy buddies at 5. What happened to I just want to impress everyone with my nursery rhyme, 1 to 100 and A-Z repeating skills.

So I guess that means the 20s are the most screwed up with 30 years of your life being lived in what actually are just 10 years. So you’ll never know how old you are.

I am 26. Or am I?

1 Comments:

Blogger seriously_frivolous said...

Hi,

This is Ami's friend from Levers...
Loved your post. The simplicity and the subtle humour! Liked the other one too..on three words! Good job dood. Keep em coming!

Friday, June 05, 2009 12:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter