Saturday, May 12, 2007

I've been converted

From a Bill disciple to a Steve follower.

The months of cursing why a new key had to be used to do (or rather undo!) regular stuff ("apple" Z instead of the oh-so-familiar "Ctrl" Z) have given way to a time spent admiring the beauty of how this delicate looking, robust, piece of metal - and so much more - works. It is nothing short of phenomenal. Before I ramble on, here's what's got me back to my keyboard after almost a year long hiatus from writing (for reasons not just limited to the lack of owning this).






The (wait-for-it) MacBook Pro.

In the last one month since I've been hooked to this device I've discovered the joys of not seeing "Error #692 - you have a programme running which has affected some sectors in your hard disk and there's nothing we can do about it" and "some unforeseen error has caused Microsoft Word to shut down and any unsaved data may be lost". This apart, I know what it feels like when something doesn't hang on you (no pun intended there). And when something doesn't take forever to happen when you do a Ctrl S or a Ctrl Z (which are also functions of a lot of other things too - but while I'm stuck on blowing my Mac trumpet, lemme take this case-in-point too).

Its become the object of my affection in the last one month and it has made my life a lot easier too. And when the first laptop you have happens to be an Apple MacBook Pro, it takes a lot to keep you from bragging :-) I'm hoping that the comfort of sitting (more like sleeping right now with feet in the air on a stack of cushions and a head stand of a bed for a head rest) with a slick 1 inch wide, 2 and a half kilo machine makes me a lot more regular in my postings. A dining table chair to sit on and type at the end of a long days work does not make too much of an inviting proposition, you see.

For all you guys who wish you had this, find an organization that loves you :-) (like mine), or if you have the moolah to spend (which I couldn't afford right now),
then go get one yourselves.

A for Apple now has a new meaning :-) In my life at least.

1 Comments:

Blogger SEV said...

Ah.. and I'm going towards Linux :)

Monday, May 14, 2007 12:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter